An ‘About Me’ page should be one of the key pages on your blog. It is important that when people read your posts and love what they read, they can click on your ‘About Me’ page and find out more about the person behind the post.
So your ‘About Me’ page has a lot to live up to. It needs to be captivating, tell a story and give all the information that someone reading your blog for the first or second time might want.
- Opening statement – What sums up your blog? Something that will resonate with your readers? This isn’t a vital conponent, but can be a good way to hook the reader. If your blog is about celebrating the small things in life, then a statement about finding gratitude may do the trick.
- Who you are and what you do – People don’t need your life history, but give them enough information to get an idea of what you are about. Your hobbies, interests, family details. Share a bit about why you blog.
- Include images – This is so important. Readers will identify so much more with you if they see your face. It will also be easier to remember you and pair you with your blog. Use a picture that captures your essence. So if you have only ridden a horse once in your life, the picture of you on a horse might not be the one to use.
- Include some links to other pages/posts – As with any other page on your blog you want to keep the reader on your site and reading. So you why not link to other pages on your blog or maybe your top or favourite posts.
- Contact/Social Media links – Make sure all your social media links and contact details are included.
- Newsletter opt in – This link could be part of a call to action. For example ‘Want to keep up to date with our lives? Click here’. Or ‘For all the latest blogging tips click here’ You get the idea.
- Blogging credentials – If you do not have a seperate Media/PR page then consider adding a section on your blogging credentials and a professional bio paragraph.
Have you got a good about me page? Is there anything you think you could improve on?
Image: Benjamin Combs